When it comes to health tips, it’s most practical to pick and choose the ones that you feel are practical. Health is a work in progress…so 1, 2, pick a few… and keep up the great work in evolving your health.
Here’s my top 10 Seasonal Health Tips for the Fall…
10) Steam, Sauna or Mineral Salt Baths. Keep your body temperature up by enjoying time in a steam room or a sauna if you belong to a gym that has these facilities or if you have a sauna at home. If you don’t, soaking in a mineral salt bath (e.g. epsom salt, Himalayan or Celtic bath salts) can warm the body while also having therapeutic benefit.
9) Keep Eating Well. Get ready… here come all the holidays! Every 4-8 weeks, there’s something to celebrate this time of year! I’m all for keeping it real and maintaining flexibility. Eat nutritiously between the celebratory occasions so you can enjoy some fun festive foods when those special occasions arrive.
8) Moisturize! Many people feel dry this time of year. Keep your skin happy by moisturizing. There are so many natural body lotions out there, like Kiss My Face (Tropical Coconut Lotion is pure heaven).
7) Get Spicy. Use warming spices like cinnamon, chili powder, red pepper flakes, cloves, nutmeg, ginger and black pepper to your dishes. These spices do help to increase circulation and help us feel warmer. If you’re not a fan of spices, you can always go the route of warming teas.
6) Cozy Up. This is the snug time of year! Make the most of it by cuddling up with a loved one, friend or pet. Power down the tech, and power up some real life quality time together.
5) Still Get Outside! I know it’s cold out there…even 10-15 minutes will do to get some fresh air. Even better… find an outdoor fall or winter activity that you really love.
4) Write Away. A) There can be lots going on… make yourself lists… on paper, in your phone… your brain will thank you. B) Consider getting introspective during this time of year. Journalling can be a great way to work through our emotions.
3) Fresh squeezed lemon or lime in hot water every morning. To help get a real food shot of extra Vitamin C.
2) Keep Moving. Continue your efforts to exercise even when you don’t feel like it during the colder months. Remember… Mood follows Action! You may not want to at first, but once you do, you’ll feel great and be so glad you did. Plus, exercise in the fall and winter will help support your best energy and mood.
And my Number One Tips is….
1) Get 7-8 hours of sleep! The change in daylight hours, colder temperatures and grey days can leave us feeling Tired, with a capital T! Get to bed before midnight and ensure a solid 7-8 hours of sleep.
If you’d like more health support this season, visit with me and I’d be happy to help.